School Lunch Program
New for the 2021-2022 school year, Mountain Sage is offering a lunch program. Food will be prepared and delivered by Denver-based My Kids Lunch and served by trained Mountain Sage staff and volunteers. My Kids Lunch provides well-balanced meals that include organic ingredients when available and baked goods made from scratch, while leaving out additives like trans fats and high fructose corn syrup. They will also be incorporating produce from our very own Mountain Sage garden as it is harvested!
- Participating in the School Lunch Program is not required. Students may still bring their own lunch.
- Families will need to create an account and pre-order meals directly through My Kids Lunch. Meals will not be available for purchase day-of.
- Hot lunches will be served Monday-Thursday and sack lunches can be ordered to take home on Friday.
- Meals will be served on reusable trays with reusable flatware (coming soon!).
- Mountain Sage garden produce will be incorporated as it becomes available.
- Students with severe food allergies or a medical diagnosis should fill out the Medical Statement for Meal Modification form and bring it to the school. Please note My Kid's Lunch is not a gluten-free certified kitchen.
- There is a gluten-free/dairy-free/vegetarian menu option!
- There will be no charge for all meals served during the 2021-2022 school year! However, all families must complete the Online Meal Benefits Application, which helps the school to obtain funding and allows certain families to qualify for free and reduced services.
- Please read this flyer from My Kids Lunch.
To Sign Up
- Go to https://michaels.h1.hotlunchonline.net/.
- Click "create an account" and follow the prompts.
- This will take you to the HotLunchOnline ordering homepage.
- Add students by selecting the Student tab and choosing "add a student."
- Enter the student's information and press submit. Repeat for additional children.
To Order Meals
- While logged in to your HotLunchOnline account, select the Order tab.
- Select your child from the drop down menu (top right of the calendar).
- Add items to the cart by clicking the item you want. A complete description will show in a pop-up window.
- To order the GF/DF/V menu: add the standard meal to your cart and then click on the red sub menu and add to your cart.
- After making your selections, click the Shopping Cart or Review Order button.
- To change your order, choose "change" or "clear cart," otherwise click "place order."
- Submitted orders can be viewed under the History tab.
To Cancel Orders
Orders can only be cancelled 3 full days in advance for Monday lunches and 2 full days in advance for Tuesday-Friday meals. Read this document for more information.
- Go to the Order tab and click on the ordered item you'd like to change (it appears in white)
- Click "cancel/credit purchase."
If you have questions, need more information, or are interested in becoming a lunch volunteer, please email the Lunch Coordinator, Hillary Mizia.
Each 1st-8th grade student will need to bring a mid-morning snack. Kindergarten students prepare food as part of their daily experience. Snack recess is built into the schedule for each class and is an important time for refueling. Please follow the food guidelines discussed in the Parent Handbook. In the event a child comes to school without a snack, we have items available on hand however snacks are not included in the lunch program.