School Lunch Program
What's New for the 2023-2024 School Year
- School lunch is free for all students!
- Ordering meals in advance is still required and will now be done directly with the school using the new Mountain Sage Meal Pre-Order Form.
Mountain Sage is excited to offer a hot lunch program. Food is prepared and delivered by Denver-based My Kids Lunch and served by trained Mountain Sage staff and volunteers. My Kids Lunch provides well-balanced meals that include organic ingredients when available and baked goods made from scratch, while leaving out additives like trans fats and high fructose corn syrup.
If you have questions about the lunch program, need more information, or are interested in becoming a lunch volunteer, please email our School Food Coordinator.
We ask that all families complete the CharterChoice Combination Form, which helps the school to obtain funding and allows certain families to qualify for free or reduced-price services beyond meals. If you are unable to access the digital form, please stop by the front office to complete a paper form.
- Hot lunch is served Monday-Thursday and a sack lunch is served on Friday.
- Participating in the School Lunch Program is not required. Students may still bring their own lunch.
- All meals must be pre-ordered using the Mountain Sage Meal Pre-Order Form.
- Students with severe food allergies or a medical diagnosis should fill out the Medical Statement for Meal Modification form, complete with physician's signature, and bring it the school.
- My Kid's Lunch is not a gluten-free certified kitchen.
- There are two menus: Blue Meal and Green Meal. Green Meal is always gluten-free/dairy-free/vegetarian. You may order from either menu, however we cannot swap meals during service. Please talk with your child about the meal choices before ordering.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
Each 1st-8th grade student will need to bring a mid-morning snack. Kindergarten students prepare snack food as part of their daily experience. Snack recess is built into the schedule for each class and is an important time for refueling. Please follow the food guidelines discussed in the Parent Handbook. In the event a child comes to school without a snack, we have items available on hand so that no child goes without a snack.