Intent to Enroll forms must be submitted annually. Students' names are not retained for subsequent years.
The lottery date for the 2022-2023 school year was January 21, 2022. Intent to Enroll forms must be submitted by 12pm on the lottery date.
- Fill out an Intent-to-Enroll Form for the school year you intend to enroll your child. Intent to Enroll forms must be submitted by 12pm the day of the lottery.
- Prior to the January Enrollment Lottery you will receive a confirmation email that your child has been added to our Enrollment Lottery list.
Once the Enrollment Lottery is complete, emails will be sent informing you of your child’s status: your child will either be offered a spot, or placed on the waitlist.
- After our January Enrollment Lottery you will receive a confirmation email that your child has been added to our wait list.
- If there is an open spot, you will receive an enrollment offer via email from the MSCS Registrar.
- After receiving an enrollment offer, families must send a written electronic response within 4 (four) business days to accept.
- Attend a Parent Tour (if not previously attended) & work with the MSCS Registrar to schedule a student Shadow Day, if applicable.
- Complete required Enrollment Paperwork and return to MSCS.
- Fill out an online Intent-to-Enroll form for the upcoming school year. We ask that all returning families submit their Intent to Enroll forms one week before the lottery date.
Students who wish to make a change within their enrollment type (e.g. to homeschool enrichment to full time program) must go through the lottery process.
- You will receive an email from the school confirming your recommitment for the upcoming school year. Join us for annually required registration days during Family-Teacher Conferences in April.
Yearly registration includes updated contact information, updated health & immunization information, and annual school supply fees.
Each January a lottery will be held for the next year’s enrollment. The lottery for the coming school year typically occurs on the third Friday in January.
Open Enrollment First Consideration (Pre-lottery): First day of school through 12:00 pm on the date of the lottery for the coming school year (typically held on the third Friday in January)
Open Enrollment Second Consideration (Post-lottery): 12:01 pm on the date of the lottery for the coming school year through November 30.
Non-Enrollment Period: No new enrollment will be accepted December 1 through the date of the lottery for the coming school year. Students may be permitted to enroll prior to the first of December and begin attendance the first day of the second semester.
Re-Commitment for Currently Enrolled Students: December 1 through the date of the lottery for the coming school year.
Order of Priority
Separate enrollment lotteries take place for the two programs offered at Mountain Sage; K-8 program, and the homeschool enrichment program.
Enrollment Priority is as follows:
- Currently enrolled students continuing their current enrollment track whose parent/legal guardian has submitted an Intent to Enroll form for the enrolled student.
- Sibling(s) of students currently enrolled at Mountain Sage whose parent/legal guardian has submitted an Intent to Enroll form for the enrolled student. Sibling(s) is defined as any child(ren) with a common parent(s)/legal guardian(s). This includes children who become siblings by marriage and/or adoption. Any sibling born while a student is enrolled may retain that status even if the original student graduates from Mountain Sage before he/she reaches Kindergarten. For a child to qualify as a "sibling" based on the enrollment of a prior student, the student must have graduated from the highest grade offered at Mountain Sage.
- Children of Founding Families whose parent/legal guardian has submitted an Intent to Enroll form for the enrolled student. Definition and Priority of Founding Families: 1) Children of Mountain Sage teachers and staff; 2) Children of current Mountain Sage Board of Directors members; 3) Children of former Mountain Sage Board of Directors members who have served in such capacity any time since August 1, 2012.
- Currently enrolled students who wish to change their enrollment type (e.g. home school enrichment to full time program).
- All students whose parents/guardians reside within the Poudre School District, have attended a school tour within the previous 12 months, and have completed an Intent to Enroll form by the deadline for first consideration enrollment.
- All students whose parents/guardians reside within the Poudre School District and have completed an Intent to Enroll form by the deadline for first consideration enrollment.
- All students whose parents/guardians reside outside of the Poudre School District, have attended a school tour within the previous 12 months, and have completed an Intent to Enroll form by the deadline for first consideration enrollment.
- All students whose parents/guardians reside outside of the Poudre School District and have completed an Intent to Enroll form by the deadline for first consideration enrollment.
School Supplies Fee Per Student
We do not ask parent to purchase school supplies for their students, but instead charge a fee so that the school can purchase special supplies aligned with our Waldorf-inspired curriculum. Supplies fee for students enrolled in our K-8 program is $250 per child. Supplies fee for students enrolled in our homeschool enrichment program is $100 per child.
Kindergarten Age Requirement for Enrollment
Mountain Sage will enroll kindergarten students who are 5 years old by August 1st the year they intend to begin kindergarten. Based on the age requirements indicated by traditional Waldorf schools, parents are strongly encouraged to enroll their child in kindergarten only if they have turned 5 years old by June 1st in the year they intend to begin kindergarten.
Mountain Sage Community School is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic group orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or physical or mental handicap in its activities programs, or employment practices, as required by Title VI, Title IX and Section 504.
Right to Rescind or Amend
Mountain Sage Community School reserves the right to rescind and/or amend any enrollments, if it determines that (1) the enrollment was obtained through misrepresentation or nondisclosure of a material fact, or a representation in the application process that is otherwise determined to be inaccurate; (2) there is overcrowding of facilities or program; (3) the school discontinues a particular program; (4) in the rare event that a properly constituted IEP team determines that a student with disabilities cannot receive a free appropriate public education (FAPE) at the school; (5) the student no longer satisfies the eligibility criteria or level of performance required by the school or program; or (6) for other reasons authorized by law and considered by the school to be in the best interest of the student and/or the school or program.