Cultivating the creative mind through an engaged community of intelligent, compassionate, and creative individuals.
K-8 tuition-free public charter school inspired by Waldorf education and sustainable living in Fort Collins, Colorado.
Join Our Team
We recently announced the search for candidates to fill a brand new position: Educational Director. We are also looking for a Social Worker and Guest Teachers (Substitute Teachers). Click here to learn more.
The Lottery Has Closed
The deadline for new student Intent to Enroll forms for the 2024-25 school year at Mountain Sage was January 17th, 2024 and the lottery was held on Friday, January 19th. Offer and waitlist emails are coming soon! Any Intent to Enroll forms submitted after January 17th at 4pm will be added to our waitlist. Click here to learn more about the enrollment process at Mountain Sage.
7 Core Principles of Public Waldorf Education
As a member of the Alliance for Public Waldorf Education, we support and follow these important principles:
1. Image of the Human Being. Public Waldorf education is founded on a coherent image of the developing human being.
2. Child Development. An understanding of child development guides all aspects of the educational program, to the greatest extent possible within established legal mandates.
3. Social Change Through Education. Public Waldorf education exists to serve both the individual and society.
4. Human Relationships. Public Waldorf Schools foster a culture of healthy relationships.
5. Access and Diversity. Public Waldorf Schools work to increase diversity and access to all sectors of society.
6. Collaborative Leadership. School leadership is conducted through shared responsibilities within established legal structures.
7. Schools as Learning Communities. Public Waldorf schools cultivate a love of lifelong learning and self-knowledge.