Cultivating the creative mind through an engaged community of intelligent, compassionate, and creative individuals.
K-8 tuition-free public charter school inspired by Waldorf education and sustainable living in Fort Collins, Colorado.
Harvest Festival is Saturday, October 7th
We are excited to share that our first festival of the school year, Harvest Festival, will be held Saturday, October 7th from 10-11:30am and all MSCS families are invited! Take a look at the schedule, learn the songs, and more on the Harvest Festival page of our website. This festival is powered by volunteers and donations of bread and apples. Sign up here to volunteer and here to donate. Thank you!
Openings for 2023-24 School Year
We currently have a few spots available in the following grades: 3rd, 5th, 6th, and 7th, and Forest School Kinder and 1st-3rd. Please complete the Intent to Enroll form and email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Click here for general information about enrollment at Mountain Sage.
7 Core Principles of Public Waldorf Education
As a member of the Alliance for Public Waldorf Education, we support and follow these important principles:
1. Image of the Human Being. Public Waldorf education is founded on a coherent image of the developing human being.
2. Child Development. An understanding of child development guides all aspects of the educational program, to the greatest extent possible within established legal mandates.
3. Social Change Through Education. Public Waldorf education exists to serve both the individual and society.
4. Human Relationships. Public Waldorf Schools foster a culture of healthy relationships.
5. Access and Diversity. Public Waldorf Schools work to increase diversity and access to all sectors of society.
6. Collaborative Leadership. School leadership is conducted through shared responsibilities within established legal structures.
7. Schools as Learning Communities. Public Waldorf schools cultivate a love of lifelong learning and self-knowledge.