Cultivating the creative mind through an engaged community of intelligent, compassionate, and creative individuals.
K-8 tuition-free public charter school inspired by Waldorf education and sustainable living in Fort Collins, Colorado.
Join Our Team
Are you interested in joining a team of creative, passionate, and skilled professionals? We have employment opportunities for this year and next in our education and administrative staff. Take a look and apply today!
Sign Up for Chess Club
Chess Club, facilitated by Chessmates, is gearing up for the spring semester class and space still available. Open to children in all grades, Chess Club works to create an environment where the kids enjoy learning and playing chess, incorporating fun activities, prizes, and time for 1 on 1 chess. Spring classes begin on Wednesday, March 22nd. Please sign up here.
7 Core Principles of Public Waldorf Education
As a member of the Alliance for Public Waldorf Education, we support and follow these important principles:
1. Image of the Human Being. Public Waldorf education is founded on a coherent image of the developing human being.
2. Child Development. An understanding of child development guides all aspects of the educational program, to the greatest extent possible within established legal mandates.
3. Social Change Through Education. Public Waldorf education exists to serve both the individual and society.
4. Human Relationships. Public Waldorf Schools foster a culture of healthy relationships.
5. Access and Diversity. Public Waldorf Schools work to increase diversity and access to all sectors of society.
6. Collaborative Leadership. School leadership is conducted through shared responsibilities within established legal structures.
7. Schools as Learning Communities. Public Waldorf schools cultivate a love of lifelong learning and self-knowledge.