Cultivating the creative mind through an engaged community of intelligent, compassionate, and creative individuals.
K-8 public charter school inspired by Waldorf education and sustainable living in Fort Collins, Colorado.
Winter Warmth Drive A Success
Thank you to the donors and volunteers of Parent Circle, in partnership with Student Council, for hosting the annual Winter Warmth Event. It was a success, with many items collected and shared within our Mountain Sage community. Nicely done Mountain Sage!
Playground Improvements Underway
On Tuesday, October 12th, construction began on the new climbing and slide feature on our playground. The crew will be working during the day, utilizing the drive line for equipment and materials staging. The drive line will be open by 3 pm Mondays-Thursdays and 12:30 on Fridays. Please avoid arriving earlier and help us in making the landscaping crew feel welcome.
7 Core Principles of Public Waldorf Education
As a member of the Alliance for Public Waldorf Education, we support and follow these important principles:
1. Image of the Human Being. Public Waldorf education is founded on a coherent image of the developing human being.
2. Child Development. An understanding of child development guides all aspects of the educational program, to the greatest extent possible within established legal mandates.
3. Social Change Through Education. Public Waldorf education exists to serve both the individual and society.
4. Human Relationships. Public Waldorf Schools foster a culture of healthy relationships.
5. Access and Diversity. Public Waldorf Schools work to increase diversity and access to all sectors of society.
6. Collaborative Leadership. School leadership is conducted through shared responsibilities within established legal structures.
7. Schools as Learning Communities. Public Waldorf schools cultivate a love of lifelong learning and self-knowledge.