Each year, thousands of volunteer hours are logged at Mountain Sage, without which, our school would not be the extraordinary place that it is. We believe that parent involvement is vital to our school, as well as for your child’s well-being, and we invite you to take direct role in your child’s education by volunteering with us. Also, remember that grandparents, extended family, friends, qualified students, and members of the greater community are always welcome as well.
Registering to Volunteer
All volunteers must complete the following required steps. We welcome you to volunteer only after you have successfully completed our registration process and have been approved to volunteer.
- Acquaint yourself with the school's the Volunteer web page.
- Complete our Volunteer Application & Agreement form.
- Complete the Sterling Volunteers background check process. (The link will be emailed to you after completing the application. If you did not receive that email, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Await notification of approval. This usually takes 7-10 days.
- Receive your confirmation and welcome email from the Volunteer Coordinator and schedule your time to volunteer!
What can you do as a volunteer at Mountain Sage Community School?
In the classroom, volunteers perform a variety of tasks under the direction of the teacher. Here are just a few:
- Classroom prep work - making copies, cutting paper, assembling different materials for the day, or running errands
- Reading stories to the children, or listening as the children read to you
- Handwork time - helping the children with their crafts & artwork
- Class plays - set up props, go over lines, and get costumes ready
- Share your abilities - demonstrations on careers, hobbies, instruments, foreign languages, dancing etc.
- Share your craft skills - weaving, candle making, soap making, carving or sewing toy & dolls
- Share your experiences - give a presentation on a place you've visited, other cultures, etc.
- Go along on weekly nature walks or chaperone field trips
For festivals & events, volunteers assist teachers and staff with planning, material preparation, decorations, crafts, set-up and take-down, and chaperoning during events.
To support the entire school community, volunteers serve on the Board Committees, join our Parent Circle, or serve on the School Accountability Committee. They assist with fundraisers and other school-sponsored activities as well.
And every year, we need help with annual school requirements such as the vision and hearing screenings, and things like checking students in and out, or performing clerical work.Contact Volunteer Coordinator, Annie Hinton email@example.com, for more information.