Why Work at Mountain Sage?
Why will you want to work at Mountain Sage Community School? Because at Mountain Sage our culture is one of teamwork and quality. We engage in artistic endeavors daily. We get to know our students and their families over time because we practice “looping” and work hard at relationship building. At Mountain Sage we sing together at every faculty meeting. We provide a lot of professional development for our teachers but also commit to renewal and create opportunities to do artistic work together, not just with the students. We reward loyalty by offering bonuses when you have been with us for several years. We are attracting the best and the most imaginative individuals. Come join us and help us change the world one student at a time.
May Your Work Excite Your Heart
by John O’Donohue
May your work excite your heart,
Kindle in your mind a creativity
To journey beyond the old limits
Of all that has become worrisome.
May this work challenge you toward
New frontiers that will emerge
As you begin to approach them,
Calling forth from you the full force
And depth of your undiscovered gifts.
May the work fit the rhythms of your soul,
Enabling you to draw from the invisible
New ideas and a vision that will inspire.
Remember to be kind to those who work for you,
Endeavor to remain aware
Of the quiet world
That lives behind each face.
Be fair in your expectations,
Compassionate in your criticism.
May you have the grace of encouragement
To awaken the gift in the other’s heart,
Building in them the confidence
To follow the call of the gift.
May you come to know work
Which emerges from the mind of love
That will have beauty and form.
May your work be worthy
Of the energy of your heart
And the light of your thoughts.
May your work assume
A proper space in your life;
Instead of owning or using you,
Bringing you every day further
Into the wonder of your heart.
Middle School Music Assistant
The Middle School Music Assistant will work with our music program lead teacher to assist the bi-weekly middle school music ensemble classes. There are a total of eight 45-minute classes each week. The music assistant must be able to independently run/teach individual music work and small group ensembles. The middle school music curriculum includes recorder (in four voicings), notation reading (notes, rhythms, keys), many styles of singing and harmonization, ukulele, improvisation, keyboard geography, music history/theory, and composition. The right candidate is not only a well-rounded musician and vocalist, but a skilled assistant teacher around a broad range of musical concepts. It is desirable for the Middle School Music Assistant to participate in Mountain Sage faculty meetings and festivals if possible, as all teachers play an integral role in supporting student development in the Waldorf model. Mountain Sage offers professional development opportunities to all teachers.
- Read music notation
- Able to learn new instruments quickly (especially if Soprano, Alto, Tenor, and Bass recorder voicing are new to the candidate)
- Conduct multi-part instrumental pieces
- Trained singing voice and ability to harmonize
- Singing and instrument experience and knowledge
- Classroom management skills
- Ability to collaborate and assist/co-teacher with another professional
- Ability to stand or sit for an hour or more, as well as work outside in various weather conditions to support student drop off and pick up traffic duties, recess, and other needs
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field of study
- 2+ years teaching experience
- Waldorf teacher certification and/or experience
- Colorado Teaching License
$160- 200 per week, dependent upon education, experience, and weekly schedule details (typically 8 classes/week).
Candidates who are interested in pursuing the Middle School Music Assistant position should visit our school website prior to applying: www.mountainsage.org. We appreciate receiving applications via email. No phone calls please. Please send a cover letter articulating your relationship to Waldorf education and sustainability, resume, and three professional references. Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Middle School Music Assistant” in the subject line of the email. We will accept applications until the position is filled. You will be contacted by a member of the Hiring Committee if we are interested in pursuing your application.
The paraprofessional at Mountain Sage works with a diverse group of elementary and middle school aged children who need extra support in and out of the classroom. The paraprofessional supports classroom teachers to provide differentiated lessons in the classroom and assists as required for various activities. The paraprofessional may also serve under the supervision of the special education teacher or academic interventionist to assist students toward accomplishing their individual learning needs. The paraprofessional may provide individual and small group instruction in and outside the classroom and may support students having behavioral difficulties. The typical hours are 8:30-1:45, Monday through Friday during the academic school year. This is a part-time position for the 2021-2022 school year.
- Support students in their academic, social, and emotional work
- Supervise and assist students in classroom and in non-classroom settings (hallways, playground, etc.)
- Utilize the school’s positive behavior intervention and support model across settings
- Assist and implement school discipline measures as directed
- Communicate students’ progress and needs with appropriate staff and educational team
- Assist in implementing lessons to meet Individual Education Plans (IEP) and student intervention goals
- Ability to stand or sit for an hour or more, able to work outside in various weather conditions to support student drop off and pick up traffic duties, as well as lunch & recess coverage responsibilities
- Two years of related experience working with students (special and/or general education)
- Strong language arts and mathematics skills in order to effectively assist K-8 classroom work
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with frequent interruptions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to supervise students, and defuse volatile and stressful situations with students
- Positive attitude and ability to take direction and feedback as well as to collaborate
- Waldorf-training and/or experience
- Education college course work
- CPR/first aid skills and training
$15 per hour with state retirement benefits.
Candidates who are interested in pursuing this part-time Paraprofessional position should visit our school website prior to applying: www.mountainsage.org. We appreciate receiving applications via email. No phone calls. Please send a cover letter articulating your relationship to Waldorf education and sustainability, resume, and three professional references. Send to: email@example.com. Please indicate “Part-Time Paraprofessional” in the subject line of the email. We will accept applications until the position is filled. You will be contacted by a member of the Hiring Committee if we are interested in pursuing your application.
We are currently searching for qualified substitutes for Kindergarten through 8th, two homeschool enrichment classes, all specialty subjects: Integrated Services, Spanish, handwork, games/PE, music, woodworking, gardening, performing arts, etc., and staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree or in pursuit of a Bachelor’s Degree
- Some classroom experience
- Waldorf teacher certification and/or experience
- Colorado Teaching License
- 2+ years classroom teaching experience
$15 per hour, with PERA benefits
Applications should be submitted via email. No phone calls please. Please send a brief cover letter articulating your relationship to Waldorf education and sustainability and your specific areas of interest in subbing (e.g. grades, music, Spanish, etc.), and your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please indicate Substitute Teacher in the subject line of the email. We will accept applications year round. You will be contacted by the Substitute Coordinator if we are interested in pursuing your application.
Mountain Sage is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mountain Sage Community School embraces equal employment opportunity (EEO) and inclusiveness and maintains a work environment that is free of discrimination. Mountain Sage Community School’s policy is to ensure that no employee or applicant for employment is denied equal opportunity because of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, or genetic information.