Why Work at Mountain Sage?
Why will you want to work at Mountain Sage Community School? Because at Mountain Sage our culture is one of teamwork and quality. We engage in artistic endeavors daily. We get to know our students and their families over time because we practice “looping” and work hard at relationship building. At Mountain Sage we sing together at every faculty meeting. We provide a lot of professional development for our teachers but also commit to renewal and create opportunities to do artistic work together, not just with the students. We reward loyalty by offering bonuses when you have been with us for several years. We are attracting the best and the most imaginative individuals. Come join us and help us change the world one student at a time.
Kindergarten Assistant for the 2020-2021 school year
Mountain Sage Community School is a public, charter school inspired by Waldorf education and sustainable living, serving students in grades K-8, located in Fort Collins, CO. Mountain Sage is seeking an experienced Kindergarten Assistant. The hours are 7:45am – 3:45pm, Monday through Thursday, and some possible hours on Fridays, during the school year. Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting in the classroom:
- Meeting the needs of students on a one-on-one basis
- Help maintaining the organization and cleanliness of the classroom
- Snack preparation and clean up, set up and clean-up of various activities, including nap time
- Guidance of children during group participation
- Active play-time supervision
- Ongoing discussion with the lead teacher pertaining to daily issues and specific children
- Assist with outdoor activities with children in all weather
It is desirable that the Kindergarten Assistant participate in Mountain Sage community events such as faculty meetings and festivals as the assistants play an integral role in supporting student development in the Waldorf model. Mountain Sage will offer professional development opportunities to all teachers and assistants, including but not limited to in-house Waldorf methods trainings before school begins and mentoring throughout the school year.
- High school diploma
- A love of children and a mature, positive role model who is intuitive and observant
- Enthusiasm for Waldorf-inspired education with a willingness deepen their knowledge
- Fingerprinting and background check
- Strong preference given to applicants who are Waldorf-trained or experienced
- 2+ years classroom experience
- Early Childhood college course work
Salary and Benefits
This position is $15.00 per hour during the school year. We offer state retirement benefits, health benefits, and yearly professional development opportunities.
Candidates who are interested in pursuing the part-time Kindergarten Assistant position should visit our school website prior to applying: www.mountainsage.org. We appreciate receiving applications via email. No phone calls please. Please send a cover letter articulating your relationship to Waldorf education and sustainability, resume, and three professional references. Send to: email@example.com. Please indicate “Kindergarten Assistant” in the subject line of the email. We will accept applications until the position is filled. You will be contacted by a member of the Hiring Committee if we are interested in pursuing your application.
School Health Technician for the 2020-2021 School Year
We are currently seeking a School Health Tech to assist with school health requirements and administrative tasks as needed. Typical hours for the job are 8am-4pm Monday through Thursday and align with school year calendar, with some Friday and summer hours as needed.
The School Health Technician works closely with the school nurse consultant to achieve the goals of the school health office, such as:
- Evaluate and attend to students visiting the health office; provide health care and/or first aid, administer medications, adhere to district and state procedures, and perform delegated medical procedures. Contact parents as needed.
- Coordinate and assist with vision and hearing screenings.
- Maintain health office records, including HCAP, immunization, medication, vision and hearing, cumulative health, and accident and injury records.
- Enter data into the health office log to document student visits to the health office.
- Coordinate student health needs between teacher, school nurse, and parents.
- Gather data and prepare required reports.
- Maintain the health office cleanliness, inventory and order health office supplies and equipment as needed.
- Prepare medications for field trips and other school sponsored trips.
- Attend required training classes and district health technician meetings. Complete online professional development training as required.
- Establish positive relationships with students and parents.
- Maintain absolute confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
- Ability to stand or sit for an hour or more, as well as work outside in various weather conditions to support student drop off and pick up traffic duties, recess, and other needs.
- Perform other miscellaneous administrative duties, as assigned.
- High School diploma
- One year of related experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Operating knowledge of personal computers, including word processing skills, and typical office equipment.
- Experience in school and/or youth organizations
- Higher education coursework/degree
- 2+ years of experience in a school setting
Salary and Benefits
Salary is $16/hour. We offer state retirement benefits, health benefits, and yearly professional development opportunities.
Candidates interested in pursuing the Health Technician position should review the school’s website prior to applying: www.mountainsage.org. We appreciate receiving applications via email. No phone calls please. Please email a cover letter articulating your interest in the position and why you are a good fit for the Mountain Sage team, a resume, and three professional references. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Health Technician” in the subject line of the email. We will accept applications until the position is filled. You will be contacted by a member of the Hiring Committee if we are interested in pursuing your application. Fingerprinting and background check are required for this job.
Mountain Sage Community School is a public charter school inspired by Waldorf education and sustainable living, located in Fort Collins, CO, serving kindergarten through 8th grade students.
Mountain Sage is seeking a custodian to perform daily cleaning duties for school building in school grounds. The right candidate will have ease interacting with students, staff, parents, and the larger community, to ensure public safety and to safeguard the interests of the school.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One year experience in custodial work
- Basic math, writing, communication,
- Basic knowledge of accepted custodial cleaning methods
- Ability to work and interact with students
- Fingerprinting and background check, required
- CPR and First Aid
- Operating knowledge of personal computer
- Basic maintenance skills such as plumbing, electrical and grounds keeping
- Operating knowledge of custodial equipment
Safety to Self and Others
In order to safely perform this position, the employee must be familiar with the safety rules of the job and participate in available/required safety trainings. Employee must wear personal protective equipment when required, ask for assistance if the task requires more than one person, and if unsure how to perform a task safely, stop and ask the Facilities Manager for instruction before continuing. Employees are expected to immediately report any unsafe working conditions or safety problems to the immediate supervisor, and until corrective action is taken, ensure that the area or condition is restricted.
Physical Demands of the Position
The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, talk, hear; taste, and smell. The employee is frequently required to sit, reach with hands and arms, climb, and/or balance. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Salary and Benefits
$15/hour for 40 hours per week. With a daily 3pm-11pm. Holiday breaks generally follow those outlined on the annual school calendar with some time off in the summer. We offer state retirement benefits (PERA) and health benefits.
Candidates interested in pursuing the Custodian position should review the school’s website prior to applying: www.mountainsage.org. We appreciate receiving applications via email. No phone calls please. Please email a cover letter articulating your interest in the position and why you are a good fit for the Mountain Sage team, a resume, and three professional references. Send to email@example.com. Please indicate “Custodian” in the subject line of the email. We will accept applications until the position is filled. You will be contacted by a member of the Hiring Committee if we are interested in pursuing your application.
We are currently searching for qualified substitutes for Kindergarten through 8th, two homeschool enrichment classes, all specialty subjects: Integrated Services, Spanish, handwork, games/PE, music, woodworking, gardening, performing arts, etc., and staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree or in pursuit of a Bachelor’s Degree
- Some classroom experience
- Waldorf teacher certification and/or experience
- Colorado Teaching License
- 2+ years classroom teaching experience
$15 per hour, with PERA benefits
Applications should be submitted via email. No phone calls please. Please send a brief cover letter articulating your relationship to Waldorf education and sustainability and your specific areas of interest in subbing (e.g. grades, music, Spanish, etc.), and your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please indicate Substitute Teacher in the subject line of the email. We will accept applications year round. You will be contacted by the Substitute Coordinator if we are interested in pursuing your application.
May Your Work Excite Your Heart
by John O’Donohue
May your work excite your heart,
Kindle in your mind a creativity
To journey beyond the old limits
Of all that has become worrisome.
May this work challenge you toward
New frontiers that will emerge
As you begin to approach them,
Calling forth from you the full force
And depth of your undiscovered gifts.
May the work fit the rhythms of your soul,
Enabling you to draw from the invisible
New ideas and a vision that will inspire.
Remember to be kind to those who work for you,
Endeavor to remain aware
Of the quiet world
That lives behind each face.
Be fair in your expectations,
Compassionate in your criticism.
May you have the grace of encouragement
To awaken the gift in the other’s heart,
Building in them the confidence
To follow the call of the gift.
May you come to know work
Which emerges from the mind of love
That will have beauty and form.
May your work be worthy
Of the energy of your heart
And the light of your thoughts.
May your work assume
A proper space in your life;
Instead of owning or using you,
Bringing you every day further
Into the wonder of your heart.
Mountain Sage is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mountain Sage Community School embraces equal employment opportunity (EEO) and inclusiveness and maintains a work environment that is free of discrimination. Mountain Sage Community School’s policy is to ensure that no employee or applicant for employment is denied equal opportunity because of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, or genetic information.